The majestic and large trees along the streets, in parks and on your property make up an urban forest. As a matter of fact, while we’re totally aware of their benefits and beauty, we may not fully realize that a lot of our larger trees are actually suffering from neglect as well as environmental stress.
Unless we protect them, there’s also a majority of the heritage trees in this world that will disappear in just a matter of 20 to 30 years. Oil contamination and compaction, air pollution, exotic invasive insect pests, construction injury, as well as limited nutrient and oxygen availability, not to mention limited supply of water, has already taken a tool. In addition to that, Mother Nature can also lead to stress with sudden high winds, ice storms, devastating summer drought and spring snowstorm, as well as extreme low temperatures. Aside from that, a lot of new large growing trees are also planted in confined spaces that have soil devoid of important micronutrients. Also, the life expectancy of all the newly plant trees in the street is only twenty-five years – it’s unlikely that they will reach the majestic trees’ grandeur that you can see today.
Furthermore, trees are also slow to respond to stress and wounding. It is not uncommon for trees to die several years after some adverse situations and unluckily, a tree service provider is usually called when it’s already too late to save it. Branch and root dieback, foliage and decay scorching are only some symptoms of stress and these can actually put the affected tree into a sickly condition. A week are surely more susceptible to disease and insect problems, which is why it’s best that you only hire a professional and highly knowledgeable tree service provider or tree removal in Pittsburgh in order to make sure that the job will be done in the most effective and efficient way.
There are actually several organic and proactive approaches in order to prolong a tree’s life as well as maintain its great vigor and health and you can be able to know more about it below.
- Fix the soil using organic supplements. As a matter of fact, raking the leaves tend to remove important organic matter, and any high nitrogen-based fertilizer as well as toxic chemicals deplete your soil of all the important nutrients. This is the reason why we need to have soil replenished with compost or amendments. Nutrient rich and healthy soil actually determines how well the trees in your residential or commercial property grow.
- Trees have to be inspected periodically to check for any structural defects, disease and insect pests.
- Trees must be properly pruned as well as it should befocusedon removing diseased, dying, broken and dead branches.
- Proper mulching and irrigation, most especially in times of summer drought, are very important in order to maintain the good health of trees.
- Trees are not statuses. They also need enough and proper protection and care, which is why you should help preserve them with thehelp of professional tree service providers.